There is a venue change for the June 15 meeting. We will be located in the Music Room on the first level of the building on the other side of the chapel. This is due to the Rummage Sale setup in the Friendship Hall. We will return to the Friendship Hall on June 22.
Peripatetic Voyager Sheryl Roush gave an interactive session on presenting awards, during which President Karen W presented Max C with his club name badge. Sheryl also gifted our club with a new podium banner and a sidewalk sign sign. Thank you Sheryl! Sheryl will be the keynote speaker for our next Special Community Outreach meeting on August 10. Please save the date, and spread the word. This is sure to be an inspiring event!
- Theme: Life’s Contradictions
- Toastmaster: Jan C
- Word of the Day: Disingenuous
- Guest: Alice V (last visited Voyagers when the club was still at the Acapulco Restaurant in Old Town! Glad you found us again, Alice, and hope to see you again soon!)
- First Timer: Max C (Pledge & Inspiration)
- Table Topics: John W, “Alternate Reality”
- Best Evaluator: Rene R
- Best Speaker: Karen W, “Stepping up with Feedback”, Speeches by Management Project #2
There are still some remaining leadership opportunities available for club officers. Please contact current President Karen W or Immediate Past President Donna G to learn more. The Voyagers Board will meet online with Zoom on Monday June 12 from 6-7 p.m. Any club member is welcome to join the meeting by smartphone or computer, or even a plain old telephone! Contact Jerry M for details on how to get hooked up.
The June 15 meeting will be in the Youth Room located upstairs on the other side of the chapel. The reason is because of a Rummage Sale in the Friendship Hall.
Save the date! Our next special community outreach meeting is August 10. Professional speaker and Voyager Sheryl Roush will be the keynote speaker. Be sure to spread the word!
- Theme: Historical Buildings in San Diego
- Toastmaster: Justin S
- Word of the Day: Momentous
- First Timer: Rene R (Topics Master)
- Most Improved: Rene R
- Table Topics: Jerry M
- Best Evaluator: Jerry M
- Best Speaker: Jan C, “Interesting Lists”, Speaking to Inform #1.
President Karen W began with the induction of 4 new Voyagers: Luke E, Rene R, Francisca R and Christina S. Congratulations! In addition, Area Director Karen Kaufman was present. Other club business included a volunteer opportunity to staff the Toastmasters booth at the San Diego County Fair.
- Theme: The John & Julia Show
- Toastmaster: Julia F
- Word of the Day: Rife
- Guests: Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Sean D (visiting Toastmaster), Judy H
- First Timer: Luke E (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Julia F
- Table Topics: Sean D (guest)
- Best Evaluator: Aim G
- Best Speaker: Terry H, “I feel fine, thank you. Why?” Storytelling Project #2.
The keynote presentation for this special community outreach meeting was by Voyager Alan Hoffmanner on Communication Skills for Leaders. Alan presented research on a spectrum of traits for leaders.
Returning guest Francisca R joined the club today. Welcome Francisca!
- Theme: Virtuous Cycles
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Word of the Day: Skill
- Guests: Thekkla R; Francisca R (returning); Joe S
- First Timers: Luke E (Timer); Rene R (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Maria F
- Best Table Topics: Joe S (Guest)
- Best Evaluation: Mark S
- Best Speaker: Maria F, “My Faithful Trusted Companion”; Competent Communicator Manual Project #4
The current Board’s term of office ends on June 30. Nominations for new officers for the July 1 – December 31 term are now open. Current Vice President of Membership Jerry M and current Treasurer Cynthia P are willing to serve for another term. The remaining positions are: President, Vice-President of Education, Vice-President of Public Relations, Secretary, Sargeant-at-Arms.
- Toastmaster: Mark S
- Theme: “What it is, is what it is”
- Word of the Day: Discover
- First Timers: Rene R (Ah-Counter), Christina S (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Aim G
- Best Table Topics: Hal S
- Best Evaluator: Karen W
- Best Speaker: Christina S; “I’m a Little Teapot”; Competent Communication #2
Monday May 15: Virtual Board meeting on Zoom, 6-7 PM. The meeting is open to all club members. All you need to participate is a computer or phone. Get the Zoom Invitation Link from President Karen W or Vice President of Education Jerry M.
Thursday May 18: Community outreach meeting on Communication Skills for Leaders. The keynote speaker is Alan Hoffmanner. Invite your friends, neighbors and colleagues to this learning opportunity! The full press release is available at http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC