- Toastmaster: Mark S
- Theme: “What it is, is what it is”
- Word of the Day: Discover
- First Timers: Rene R (Ah-Counter), Christina S (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Aim G
- Best Table Topics: Hal S
- Best Evaluator: Karen W
- Best Speaker: Christina S; “I’m a Little Teapot”; Competent Communication #2
Monday May 15: Virtual Board meeting on Zoom, 6-7 PM. The meeting is open to all club members. All you need to participate is a computer or phone. Get the Zoom Invitation Link from President Karen W or Vice President of Education Jerry M.
Thursday May 18: Community outreach meeting on Communication Skills for Leaders. The keynote speaker is Alan Hoffmanner. Invite your friends, neighbors and colleagues to this learning opportunity! The full press release is available at http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
- Toastmaster: Mark I
- Theme: “I am”
- Word of the Day: Ebullient
- Guest: Gideon S (returning)
- First Timer: Luke E (speaker)
- Most Improved: Luke E
- Best Table Topics: Christina S
- Best Evaluation: Jerry M
- Best Speaker: Luke E, “This is Luke”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Congratulations to new member Luke E for delivering his first speech! The theme for the May 11 meeting is “It is what it is!” Mark S is the scheduled Toastmaster.
The next Club Officers meeting is scheduled for Monday May 15 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All club members may attend. This virtual meeting will be held on the Zoom web conferencing system. A smartphone or computer with audio is needed to participate. Jerry M will email the Zoom meeting link to club members.
The Thursday May 18 meeting will be a special community outreach meeting on “Communication Skills for Leaders.” Please spread the word to your neighbors, colleagues and others. The full press release is available at http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
- Toastmaster: Cynthia P
- Theme: Rice
- Word of the Day: Impasse
- Guest: Iliana C (returning)
- First Timer: Christina S – Speaker
- Best Table Topics: Terry H
- Best Evaluator (tie): Terry H and Tim S
- Best Speaker: Christina S, “Power of Life”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Jerry M spoke about the May 18 community outreach meeting on “Communications Skills for Leaders.” The keynote speaker will be Alan Hoffmanner from AGILEdge. Read the full press release for our May 18 meeting at: http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
The special community outreach meeting was lively and well-attended. Participants ranged from new guests visiting a Toastmasters meeting for the first time to professional speakers (Accredited Speakers Hal Slater and Sheryl Roush) and all levels between!
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Theme: Toastmasters in the Community
- Word of the Day: Communal
- Guests: Ruja N, Luke E, Rene R
- Table Topics: Ruja N (guest)
- Most Improved: Julia F
- Best Evaluator: Max C
- Best Speaker: Simon V; Competent Communicator manual project #5 – Your Body Speaks; Title: “Jump!”
Semi-annual membership dues
The club must process the remaining membership renewals with Toastmasters International by April 1. That’s no joke! We can’t do it without your dues. Please get your dues in if you haven’t done so already.
Community Outreach meeting publicity
The press release for the special March 23 community outreach meeting was featured on San Diego Patch and Mission Hills News. The theme of the March 23 meeting is Toastmasters in the Community. Jerry M brought more flyers for Voyagers to post on community bulletin boards.
Semi-annual membership dues
Our goal is to submit all club membership renewal dues to Toastmasters International before the April 1 deadline. We are 68% of the way there!
- Toastmaster: Donna G
- Theme: St. Patrick’s Day
- Word of the Day: Convivial
- Guests: Susan S, Gideon S (returning visitor)
- Table Topics: Terry H
- First Timer: Gideon S (evaluator)
- Most Improved: Gideon S
- Best Evaluator: Tim S
- Best Speaker: John W, Competent Communicator Project #8 – Get Comfortable with Visual Aids; Title: “Easy-Speak – Our new best friend.”
Note: John W gave his PowerPoint presentation without a projector. This was a challenging feat!