There is a venue change for the June 15 meeting. We will be located in the Music Room on the first level of the building on the other side of the chapel. This is due to the Rummage Sale setup in the Friendship Hall. We will return to the Friendship Hall on June 22.
Peripatetic Voyager Sheryl Roush gave an interactive session on presenting awards, during which President Karen W presented Max C with his club name badge. Sheryl also gifted our club with a new podium banner and a sidewalk sign sign. Thank you Sheryl! Sheryl will be the keynote speaker for our next Special Community Outreach meeting on August 10. Please save the date, and spread the word. This is sure to be an inspiring event!
- Theme: Life’s Contradictions
- Toastmaster: Jan C
- Word of the Day: Disingenuous
- Guest: Alice V (last visited Voyagers when the club was still at the Acapulco Restaurant in Old Town! Glad you found us again, Alice, and hope to see you again soon!)
- First Timer: Max C (Pledge & Inspiration)
- Table Topics: John W, “Alternate Reality”
- Best Evaluator: Rene R
- Best Speaker: Karen W, “Stepping up with Feedback”, Speeches by Management Project #2
There are still some remaining leadership opportunities available for club officers. Please contact current President Karen W or Immediate Past President Donna G to learn more. The Voyagers Board will meet online with Zoom on Monday June 12 from 6-7 p.m. Any club member is welcome to join the meeting by smartphone or computer, or even a plain old telephone! Contact Jerry M for details on how to get hooked up.
The keynote presentation for this special community outreach meeting was by Voyager Alan Hoffmanner on Communication Skills for Leaders. Alan presented research on a spectrum of traits for leaders.
Returning guest Francisca R joined the club today. Welcome Francisca!
- Theme: Virtuous Cycles
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Word of the Day: Skill
- Guests: Thekkla R; Francisca R (returning); Joe S
- First Timers: Luke E (Timer); Rene R (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Maria F
- Best Table Topics: Joe S (Guest)
- Best Evaluation: Mark S
- Best Speaker: Maria F, “My Faithful Trusted Companion”; Competent Communicator Manual Project #4
The current Board’s term of office ends on June 30. Nominations for new officers for the July 1 – December 31 term are now open. Current Vice President of Membership Jerry M and current Treasurer Cynthia P are willing to serve for another term. The remaining positions are: President, Vice-President of Education, Vice-President of Public Relations, Secretary, Sargeant-at-Arms.
The meeting theme of “Beginnings and Endings” was appropriate for the first Voyagers Toastmaster meeting of the year!
- Theme: Beginnings and Endings
- Toastmaster: Nancy J
- Word of the Day: Tyro
- Guests: James I, Fiona S
- Most Improved: Annie J
- Table Topics: Cynthia K
- Best Evaluator: Annie J
- Best Speaker: Justin S
The first meeting of the new year kicked off with the installation of officers.
President: Karen W
Vice President of Education: John W
Vice President of Membership: Jerry M
Vice President of Public Relations: Max C
Secretary: Julia F
Treasurer: Cynthia P
Sargeant-at-Arms: Terry H
Voyagers Toastmasters thanks our outgoing officers for their service!
- Theme: Mindfulness
- Toastmaster: Angelique H
- Word of the day: Cogitative
- Guest: Gideon S
- First Timers: Maria F (2nd Sgt@Arms) and guest Gideon S (Jester)
- Most Improved: Julie F
- Table Topics: Sheryl Roush
- Best Evaluator: John W
- Best Speaker Jerry M, “Alternate Reality “
The meeting began with the election of club officers for the upcoming term (January 2017-June 2017). The incoming officers are:
- President: Karen W
- Vice President of Education: John W
- Vice President of Membership: Jerry M
- Vice President of Public Relations: Max C
- Secretary: Julia F
- Treasurer: Cynthia P
- Sargent-at-Arms: Terry H
Thanks to the outgoing board for their leadership and service!
- Theme: Summer Reading
- Toastmaster: Annie J
- Word of Day: Quixotic
- Guests: Jessica I (returning visiting Toastmaster); Megan I
- First Timer: Annie J (Toastmaster)
- Best Table Topics: Megan I
- Most Improved: Tim S
- Best Evaluator: Hal S
- Best Speaker: Cynthia K, “Books!”, Competent Communication Project #2
Club business: Area 12 District Director (and Voyagers Toastmaster) Jane F inducted the incoming Voyagers Toastmasters officers
President: Donna G
Vice President of Education: Linda T
Vice President of Membership: Mark I
Vice President of Public Relations: Tim S
Secretary: Terry H
Treasurer: Karen W
Sargent-at-Arms: Cynthia K