It was exciting. It was world changing. Well maybe not revolutionary but it not a good meeting.
We learned all sorts of vital information about October 5th as we celebrated the birth of Anaheim and the first televised Presidential address from the White House, thanks to Toastmaster Jan C. October 5th will no longer just be another day in history to us!
Terry H. taught us that a used bike can be infinitely more valuable than a new car. Rene R. challenged us to use “colorful language” appropriately. And Guest Robb L. showed how both men and women should embrace feminism.
This week’s winners:
First timer: Luke E – evaluator
Table Topics: Tim S.
Evaluator: Mark S.
Most Improved: Luke E.
Best Speaker: Robb L.
What are you doing at 7am on Thursday October 5? Have some fun, hang out with cool people and improve your communication, leadership and management skills
There is a venue change for the June 15 meeting. We will be located in the Music Room on the first level of the building on the other side of the chapel. This is due to the Rummage Sale setup in the Friendship Hall. We will return to the Friendship Hall on June 22.
Peripatetic Voyager Sheryl Roush gave an interactive session on presenting awards, during which President Karen W presented Max C with his club name badge. Sheryl also gifted our club with a new podium banner and a sidewalk sign sign. Thank you Sheryl! Sheryl will be the keynote speaker for our next Special Community Outreach meeting on August 10. Please save the date, and spread the word. This is sure to be an inspiring event!
- Theme: Life’s Contradictions
- Toastmaster: Jan C
- Word of the Day: Disingenuous
- Guest: Alice V (last visited Voyagers when the club was still at the Acapulco Restaurant in Old Town! Glad you found us again, Alice, and hope to see you again soon!)
- First Timer: Max C (Pledge & Inspiration)
- Table Topics: John W, “Alternate Reality”
- Best Evaluator: Rene R
- Best Speaker: Karen W, “Stepping up with Feedback”, Speeches by Management Project #2
There are still some remaining leadership opportunities available for club officers. Please contact current President Karen W or Immediate Past President Donna G to learn more. The Voyagers Board will meet online with Zoom on Monday June 12 from 6-7 p.m. Any club member is welcome to join the meeting by smartphone or computer, or even a plain old telephone! Contact Jerry M for details on how to get hooked up.
The June 15 meeting will be in the Youth Room located upstairs on the other side of the chapel. The reason is because of a Rummage Sale in the Friendship Hall.
Save the date! Our next special community outreach meeting is August 10. Professional speaker and Voyager Sheryl Roush will be the keynote speaker. Be sure to spread the word!
- Theme: Historical Buildings in San Diego
- Toastmaster: Justin S
- Word of the Day: Momentous
- First Timer: Rene R (Topics Master)
- Most Improved: Rene R
- Table Topics: Jerry M
- Best Evaluator: Jerry M
- Best Speaker: Jan C, “Interesting Lists”, Speaking to Inform #1.
President Karen W began with the induction of 4 new Voyagers: Luke E, Rene R, Francisca R and Christina S. Congratulations! In addition, Area Director Karen Kaufman was present. Other club business included a volunteer opportunity to staff the Toastmasters booth at the San Diego County Fair.
- Theme: The John & Julia Show
- Toastmaster: Julia F
- Word of the Day: Rife
- Guests: Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Sean D (visiting Toastmaster), Judy H
- First Timer: Luke E (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Julia F
- Table Topics: Sean D (guest)
- Best Evaluator: Aim G
- Best Speaker: Terry H, “I feel fine, thank you. Why?” Storytelling Project #2.