- Toastmaster: John W
- Theme: Through the Looking Glass
- Word of the Day: Characterization
- Guests: Joseph H, Iliana C
- First Timers: Rene R
- Most Improved: Luke E
- Best Table Topics: Joseph H (guest)
- Best Evaluation: Nancy J
- Best Speaker: Justin S, “Small Talk”
A special community outreach meeting has been scheduled for May 18. The theme will be “Communication for Emerging Leaders.” Please reserve the date and tell your colleagues!
Some members remain challenged by easy-Speak. To address this issue, a clipboard with the schedule for the next few weeks will be passed around during the meeting. Voyagers can see what roles they are scheduled for, and may volunteer for speeches.
- Toastmaster: Hal S
- Theme: Types of Alternative Energy
- Word of the Day: Effervescent
- Lori S (visiting Toastmaster)
- Gideon S (returning guest)
- First Timers:
- Christina S (Jester)
- Luke E (Ah Counter)
- Rene R (Ice Breaker)
- Gideon S (Grammarian)
- Most Improved: Lynn P
- Best Table Topics: Luke E
- Best Evaluator: Lynn P
- Best Speaker: Rene R; Competent Communicator manual project #1 – Ice Breaker
The transition to easy-Speak scheduling software has not been quite so easy. It is, however, necessary since developer support for the prior scheduling software ended. Please be sure to log into easy-Speak.org every week to confirm your meeting participation, and to sign up for future speeches and roles.
- Toastmaster: Terry H
- Theme: Play Ball
- Word of the Day: Beanball
- Guests: Luke E , Rene R , Gideon S – All are returning visitors
- First Timer: Gideon S (guest; Table Topics Master)
- Most Improved: Gideon S
- Best Table Topics: Julia F
- Best Evaluator: Julia F
- Best Speaker: Tim Stigers, “Beyond Avalon”; Competent Communicator manual project #8 – Using Visual Aids
Note: Returning guests Luke E and Rene R joined Voyagers at the end of this meeting. Welcome aboard Luke and Rene!
The next board meeting is Monday, April 10 at Past President Donna G’s house. All members are welcome to attend in person or remotely (plain old telephone, or smartphone or computer) via Zoom. Please contact Donna G if you are attending in person so she can prepare enough food, or Jerry M if you will attend remotely so he can provide the connection information.
- Toastmaster: Justin S
- Theme: Listicles
- Word of the Day: Nescience
- Guest: Christina S
- First Timer: Simon S, General Evaluator
- Best Table Topics: Mark S
- Most Improved: Cynthia P
- Best Evaluator: John W
- Best Speaker (tie): Michel S, “The Power of Lists”; & Cynthia P, “Faster, Miata! Zoom! Zoom!”
Note: Our first-time guest joined Voyagers at the end of the meeting. Welcome aboard, Christina S!
The next board meeting is Monday, April 10 at Donna G’s. All members are welcome to attend in person or remotely via Zoom, but please RSVP.