- Toastmaster: Mark I
- Theme: “I am”
- Word of the Day: Ebullient
- Guest: Gideon S (returning)
- First Timer: Luke E (speaker)
- Most Improved: Luke E
- Best Table Topics: Christina S
- Best Evaluation: Jerry M
- Best Speaker: Luke E, “This is Luke”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Congratulations to new member Luke E for delivering his first speech! The theme for the May 11 meeting is “It is what it is!” Mark S is the scheduled Toastmaster.
The next Club Officers meeting is scheduled for Monday May 15 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All club members may attend. This virtual meeting will be held on the Zoom web conferencing system. A smartphone or computer with audio is needed to participate. Jerry M will email the Zoom meeting link to club members.
The Thursday May 18 meeting will be a special community outreach meeting on “Communication Skills for Leaders.” Please spread the word to your neighbors, colleagues and others. The full press release is available at http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
- Toastmaster: Cynthia P
- Theme: Rice
- Word of the Day: Impasse
- Guest: Iliana C (returning)
- First Timer: Christina S – Speaker
- Best Table Topics: Terry H
- Best Evaluator (tie): Terry H and Tim S
- Best Speaker: Christina S, “Power of Life”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Jerry M spoke about the May 18 community outreach meeting on “Communications Skills for Leaders.” The keynote speaker will be Alan Hoffmanner from AGILEdge. Read the full press release for our May 18 meeting at: http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
- Toastmaster: John W
- Theme: Through the Looking Glass
- Word of the Day: Characterization
- Guests: Joseph H, Iliana C
- First Timers: Rene R
- Most Improved: Luke E
- Best Table Topics: Joseph H (guest)
- Best Evaluation: Nancy J
- Best Speaker: Justin S, “Small Talk”
A special community outreach meeting has been scheduled for May 18. The theme will be “Communication for Emerging Leaders.” Please reserve the date and tell your colleagues!
Some members remain challenged by easy-Speak. To address this issue, a clipboard with the schedule for the next few weeks will be passed around during the meeting. Voyagers can see what roles they are scheduled for, and may volunteer for speeches.
- Toastmaster: Hal S
- Theme: Types of Alternative Energy
- Word of the Day: Effervescent
- Lori S (visiting Toastmaster)
- Gideon S (returning guest)
- First Timers:
- Christina S (Jester)
- Luke E (Ah Counter)
- Rene R (Ice Breaker)
- Gideon S (Grammarian)
- Most Improved: Lynn P
- Best Table Topics: Luke E
- Best Evaluator: Lynn P
- Best Speaker: Rene R; Competent Communicator manual project #1 – Ice Breaker
The transition to easy-Speak scheduling software has not been quite so easy. It is, however, necessary since developer support for the prior scheduling software ended. Please be sure to log into easy-Speak.org every week to confirm your meeting participation, and to sign up for future speeches and roles.
- Toastmaster: Terry H
- Theme: Play Ball
- Word of the Day: Beanball
- Guests: Luke E , Rene R , Gideon S – All are returning visitors
- First Timer: Gideon S (guest; Table Topics Master)
- Most Improved: Gideon S
- Best Table Topics: Julia F
- Best Evaluator: Julia F
- Best Speaker: Tim Stigers, “Beyond Avalon”; Competent Communicator manual project #8 – Using Visual Aids
Note: Returning guests Luke E and Rene R joined Voyagers at the end of this meeting. Welcome aboard Luke and Rene!
The next board meeting is Monday, April 10 at Past President Donna G’s house. All members are welcome to attend in person or remotely (plain old telephone, or smartphone or computer) via Zoom. Please contact Donna G if you are attending in person so she can prepare enough food, or Jerry M if you will attend remotely so he can provide the connection information.