There is a venue change for the June 15 meeting. We will be located in the Music Room on the first level of the building on the other side of the chapel. This is due to the Rummage Sale setup in the Friendship Hall. We will return to the Friendship Hall on June 22.
Peripatetic Voyager Sheryl Roush gave an interactive session on presenting awards, during which President Karen W presented Max C with his club name badge. Sheryl also gifted our club with a new podium banner and a sidewalk sign sign. Thank you Sheryl! Sheryl will be the keynote speaker for our next Special Community Outreach meeting on August 10. Please save the date, and spread the word. This is sure to be an inspiring event!
- Theme: Life’s Contradictions
- Toastmaster: Jan C
- Word of the Day: Disingenuous
- Guest: Alice V (last visited Voyagers when the club was still at the Acapulco Restaurant in Old Town! Glad you found us again, Alice, and hope to see you again soon!)
- First Timer: Max C (Pledge & Inspiration)
- Table Topics: John W, “Alternate Reality”
- Best Evaluator: Rene R
- Best Speaker: Karen W, “Stepping up with Feedback”, Speeches by Management Project #2
There are still some remaining leadership opportunities available for club officers. Please contact current President Karen W or Immediate Past President Donna G to learn more. The Voyagers Board will meet online with Zoom on Monday June 12 from 6-7 p.m. Any club member is welcome to join the meeting by smartphone or computer, or even a plain old telephone! Contact Jerry M for details on how to get hooked up.
President Karen W began with the induction of 4 new Voyagers: Luke E, Rene R, Francisca R and Christina S. Congratulations! In addition, Area Director Karen Kaufman was present. Other club business included a volunteer opportunity to staff the Toastmasters booth at the San Diego County Fair.
- Theme: The John & Julia Show
- Toastmaster: Julia F
- Word of the Day: Rife
- Guests: Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Sean D (visiting Toastmaster), Judy H
- First Timer: Luke E (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Julia F
- Table Topics: Sean D (guest)
- Best Evaluator: Aim G
- Best Speaker: Terry H, “I feel fine, thank you. Why?” Storytelling Project #2.
The keynote presentation for this special community outreach meeting was by Voyager Alan Hoffmanner on Communication Skills for Leaders. Alan presented research on a spectrum of traits for leaders.
Returning guest Francisca R joined the club today. Welcome Francisca!
- Theme: Virtuous Cycles
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Word of the Day: Skill
- Guests: Thekkla R; Francisca R (returning); Joe S
- First Timers: Luke E (Timer); Rene R (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Maria F
- Best Table Topics: Joe S (Guest)
- Best Evaluation: Mark S
- Best Speaker: Maria F, “My Faithful Trusted Companion”; Competent Communicator Manual Project #4
The current Board’s term of office ends on June 30. Nominations for new officers for the July 1 – December 31 term are now open. Current Vice President of Membership Jerry M and current Treasurer Cynthia P are willing to serve for another term. The remaining positions are: President, Vice-President of Education, Vice-President of Public Relations, Secretary, Sargeant-at-Arms.
- Toastmaster: Mark I
- Theme: “I am”
- Word of the Day: Ebullient
- Guest: Gideon S (returning)
- First Timer: Luke E (speaker)
- Most Improved: Luke E
- Best Table Topics: Christina S
- Best Evaluation: Jerry M
- Best Speaker: Luke E, “This is Luke”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Congratulations to new member Luke E for delivering his first speech! The theme for the May 11 meeting is “It is what it is!” Mark S is the scheduled Toastmaster.
The next Club Officers meeting is scheduled for Monday May 15 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All club members may attend. This virtual meeting will be held on the Zoom web conferencing system. A smartphone or computer with audio is needed to participate. Jerry M will email the Zoom meeting link to club members.
The Thursday May 18 meeting will be a special community outreach meeting on “Communication Skills for Leaders.” Please spread the word to your neighbors, colleagues and others. The full press release is available at http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC
- Toastmaster: Cynthia P
- Theme: Rice
- Word of the Day: Impasse
- Guest: Iliana C (returning)
- First Timer: Christina S – Speaker
- Best Table Topics: Terry H
- Best Evaluator (tie): Terry H and Tim S
- Best Speaker: Christina S, “Power of Life”; Competent Communication manual project #1 – The Ice Breaker
Jerry M spoke about the May 18 community outreach meeting on “Communications Skills for Leaders.” The keynote speaker will be Alan Hoffmanner from AGILEdge. Read the full press release for our May 18 meeting at: http://bit.ly/2qHbNoC