Speechcraft Week 5
To celebrate the final meeting of the Speechcraft program, our very own Sheryl Roush inspired us all with her speech on how to become a professional speaker! Congratulations to all our Speechcrafters for all the progress they have achieved in a short period of time. Special thanks to Mark I and Jerry M for organizing our Speechcraft program.
Toastmaster: Mark I
Word of the day: Persevere
Guests: David W, Simon V, Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Scott
First Timer: Agosta M (SpeechCrafter) – Speaker
Most Improved: Agosta M (SpeechCrafter) – Speaker
Table Topics: David Winkleman (Guest – on his book “Embracing Change from the Inside”)
Best Evaluation: Max C
Best Speaker: Sheryl Roush – “How to Go Pro”
Speechcraft Week 2
- Theme: Off-the-cuff speaking
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Word of the day: Invective
- Guests: Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Ron Lederle (Southern Division Director), David Carroll (Past District 5 Governor), Gideon S (returning guest)
- Table Topics: David C (Guest)
- Best Evaluator: Donna G
- Best Speaker: Maria F (SpeechCrafter)
John W will take over VP Education duties from Linda T, who is stepping down due to work & wedding
Speechcraft Week 1
This meeting kicked off the start of our 5-week Speechcraft program. Experienced Voyagers Toastmasters introduce various aspects of communication and leadership fundamentals to program participants. Speechcraft participants receive workbooks and practice the skills they learn within the context of a Toastmasters meeting. Speechcrafters are paired with club members to mentor and support them through the process.
At the conclusion of the Speechcraft program, participants may choose to join Voyagers for a prorated membership fee. In addition, participant speeches will count towards the Competent Communicator rating.
- Meeting Theme: Overcoming
- Toastmaster: Mark I
- Word of the Day: Enhance
- Guests: Maria F, Agosta, Esolar, Jan B, Max C
- Most Improved: Cynthia P
- Table Topics: Julia F
- Best Evaluator: Donna G
- Best Speaker: Cynthia K, Competent Communicator Manual Project #6 (Vocal Variety); “The Fish”
Sheryl Roush, a world-renowned public speaker, who got her start in our very own Voyagers Club, will be speaking at the Voyagers Toastmasters meeting this Thursday October 23, coinciding with the grand finale of the current Speechcraft program. Sheryl has accomplished the highest communication and leadership designations and honors that Toastmasters has to offer.
Come see how a Pro does it!
Since joining Voyagers in 1987, her journey of over 3,000 presentations
- has taken her to speak in 10 countries,
- to keynoting 7 nations in the Middle East,
- to open on stage for Marie Osmond and Marvin Hamlisch,
- to follow Olivia Newton-John, and Suze Orman,
- and keynote close for actress Geena Davis….
For more about Sheryl’s background, take a look at her bio: Sheryl Roush-BIO
All are welcome to join us Thursday October 23 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at Cafe Coyote in Old Town. There is no meeting room fee for guests.