President Karen W began with the induction of 4 new Voyagers: Luke E, Rene R, Francisca R and Christina S. Congratulations! In addition, Area Director Karen Kaufman was present. Other club business included a volunteer opportunity to staff the Toastmasters booth at the San Diego County Fair.
- Theme: The John & Julia Show
- Toastmaster: Julia F
- Word of the Day: Rife
- Guests: Karen Kaufman (Area 12 Director), Sean D (visiting Toastmaster), Judy H
- First Timer: Luke E (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Julia F
- Table Topics: Sean D (guest)
- Best Evaluator: Aim G
- Best Speaker: Terry H, “I feel fine, thank you. Why?” Storytelling Project #2.
The keynote presentation for this special community outreach meeting was by Voyager Alan Hoffmanner on Communication Skills for Leaders. Alan presented research on a spectrum of traits for leaders.
Returning guest Francisca R joined the club today. Welcome Francisca!
- Theme: Virtuous Cycles
- Toastmaster: Jerry M
- Word of the Day: Skill
- Guests: Thekkla R; Francisca R (returning); Joe S
- First Timers: Luke E (Timer); Rene R (Greeter)
- Most Improved: Maria F
- Best Table Topics: Joe S (Guest)
- Best Evaluation: Mark S
- Best Speaker: Maria F, “My Faithful Trusted Companion”; Competent Communicator Manual Project #4
The current Board’s term of office ends on June 30. Nominations for new officers for the July 1 – December 31 term are now open. Current Vice President of Membership Jerry M and current Treasurer Cynthia P are willing to serve for another term. The remaining positions are: President, Vice-President of Education, Vice-President of Public Relations, Secretary, Sargeant-at-Arms.
Our second meeting at our new venue started with the formal induction of 2 of our newest Voyagers, Maria F and Simon V. Welcome aboard, Maria and Simon!
Voyagers has also transitioned over to the new easy-Speak Toastmaster Automation software since our old software broke and is no longer supported. easy-Speak is used to set meeting roles, make meeting agendas and email other club members . Voyagers must log into the easy-Speak website to confirm their roles for each meeting; otherwise a question mark will appear next to their name in the agenda. One feature of easy-Speak is that speakers must schedule their own speeches; they are not randomly assigned like other meeting roles. Please contact Vice President of Education, John W for more information about getting started with easy-Speak.
Save the Date! Voyagers will hold a special membership drive meeting on Thursday March 23. There will be ads for this meeting in the local media as well as flyers printed. Please let people know about this event, and bring your friends! If you can post flyers in locations that allow community event flyers, like cafes, stores, libraries, community centers, laundromats, etc. please contact Vice President of Membership, Jerry M. Generally it is easier to get permission to post flyers for 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organizations such as Voyagers Toastmasters, which teaches public speaking and leadership skills.
- Toastmaster: Julia F
- Theme: Keep Calm and Carry On
- Word of the Day: Slogan
- Guest: Gideon S (returning guest)
- First Timer: Maria F – Ah Counter
- Table Topics: Gideon S (guest)
- Most Improved: Mark I
- Best Evaluator: Hal S
- Best Speaker: Annie J; Manual: Competent Communicator; Project #9 – Persuade with Power; Title: “Running for Joy”
- Theme: Reunions
- Toastmaster: Donna G
- Word of Day: Blindside
- Guests: Daniel S. (visiting Toastmaster), Elizabeth S. (returning guest)
- New member: Cynthia K
- First timer: Tim S (Topic Master)
- Best Table Topics: Elizabeth S.
- Most Improved: Amy G
- Best Evaluator: John W
- Best Speaker: Terry H, “Union of Pirates”
Visiting Toastmaster Daniel Steenerson presented his winning District 5 Central Division International Speech, “Rock Star.” Daniel will be competing in the International Speech Contest during the Spring Conference on April 30 2016. Good luck Daniel!